No matter your age it is highly advised to plan ahead for your future. While it is fairly common for people to understand that they need to have a 401(k) to help plan for retirement, estate planning is an area that generally people understand less. Essentially, estate planning means that you are taking the beneficial steps to plan ahead for unforeseen tragedies in life. You never know when life is going to throw you a curveball and you want to make sure you are prepared. What happens if you get terminally ill and are unable to work? What happens if you get in an accident that takes your life? What happens to your belongings and how are your loved ones cared after? When you work with a trusted estate planning attorney like Geoffrey Fong you can rest assured that he can help you with all of your estate planning needs.
When life throws you a curveball you need to have a plan for your assets that protect your wishes and your family. Choosing to have an estate plan gives you piece of mind in the well-being of your loved ones after you die, but also help make the process much easier for your loved ones during a difficult and tragic time. Below are some of the benefits of having Geoffrey Fong work with you to develop an estate plan:
• You get to name the person(s) you wish to control your finances, if needed
• Avoid the expensive and time-consuming process of probate - this alone is worth working with a trusted estate planning attorney in Rocklin, CA
• Determine who gets your property, and the remainder of your estate
• Taxes may be avoided, reduced or stretched out over time based on the property
• In the event of illness, you get to describe your preferred medical care and final arrangements
• You get to be in control of who makes medical decisions on your behalf
Some people believe that estate planning is only for wealthy individuals and families - this couldn't be further from the truth. Anyone that owns a property should work with a trusted estate planning attorney. Having an estate plan makes life significantly easier for your loved ones after you have passed. At the time of your death, all property owned by you is considered your estate. Whether you own a few pieces of jewelry or you own multiple properties in and around Rocklin, CA you should consider working with a trusted estate planning attorney like Geoffrey Fong. When you work with the Law Office of Geoffrey Fong he will help you develop an estate plan that allows for you to make decisions on what happens to your future after you pass. Below are some of the assets that are typically addressed on an estate plan:
• Real Estate
• Bank accounts in your name
• Personal property including: vehicles, jewelry, etc.
• Stock or securities owned by you
• Retirement savings and retirement savings plans
• Life insurance policies
Contact the Law Office of Geoffrey Fong today at (415) 660-6367 today to schedule your FREE estate planning consultation. We care about each and every client we work with and make sure we put your interests above all. We look forward to helping you create an estate plan in Rocklin, CA and surrounding communities.